Saturday, November 5, 2016

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀

At the risk of being called self-serving (𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦) I am going to say something I have long suspected about the term “Facebook Friends”. That term is a misnomer and a lie at its very core. I believe the more honorable term should be “Facebook Acquaintance” which better speaks to the truth of what is being transacted here in this den of self-serving, sometimes hypocritical Ego boosting that goes on to pass the time that probably could be better spent reading a good book.

Case in point, I put out a GoFundMe request in a time of horrific sorrow, for my Facebook “Friends” to help me bring a new life into my life, truthfully to assuage my sorrow and provide a distraction so that I would not be faced with missing my best Friend every day. Self-Serving yes but in my view not a bad thing. I had three Friends donate to that cause – one $50 and two $25 donations. Two of those people I have never met and the other I haven’t seen in a number of years. I have another true Friend who gives to me without asking anything in return and we are Good with each other. I help him sort out some personal issues and come to terms with life and he helps me with what he knows to do to help me. That’s true friendship. I have spent the better part of my adult life helping folks sort out with their Spiritual and Relationship issues without asking for anything with the exception of my Spirituality Classes.

However since then which I think was about 3 weeks ago - nothing. My question began swirling in my head, how hard would it be to give $25 to someone you all call a Friend? From the result I would say I am anything but a Friend to you because to truly live up to the term Friend one must at times go a few yards farther down the road to help their friends not suffer so much. Some of the so-called Facebook Friends I know personally – have had coffee with them – ate dinner in their home and I was under the impression I was their Friend. Apparently the feeling was not mutual, but the memory resides.

So again I am requesting Facebook people to change the term “Facebook Friends” to “Facebook Acquaintance”.

An honest enemy is better than a false friend. When in doubt, pay more attention to what people do and less to what they say. Actions not only speak louder than words, they are more difficult to fake.      
 


In the meantime – if any of you have a need to be comforted, you can have no fear – “Come to me and we will work on your issue together”. Nothing asked – just given….

𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘍𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘙𝘦𝘥𝘩𝘢𝘸𝘬